How do you end your swim practice? I like to make swimming fun! So at the end of every swim set I tend to do a “finisher” before I get out the pool.
This is something completely different from the rest of the swim.
It’s something that feels fun to do or provides a different sensation and challenge.
Things I do are:
- Race your mate to the wall.
- Seeing how far you can swim under water
- Sculling feet first on your back
- Somersaults on the spot for tumble turns
- Somersault in the middle of a length straight back into front crawl
- Dolphin kick on front or back with fins
- Individual medley – eg butterfly, backstroke, breast stroke, front crawl
- Diving and jumping in
- Starts – streamlined push offs
- Swimming to the bottom of the deep end
- Touch turns and tumble turns from the flags to the wall
- Synchronised swimming with your friend.
Anyone have anything to add?
Don’t forget a confident happy swimmer is a fast swimmer!!!