Total Immersion: Effortless Endurance Workshop: Coventry
Would you like to be able to swim a mile or more with easy grace, enjoy every stroke and feel energized, not exhausted, when you finish? Would you like to make swimming the best part of triathlon or swim confidently in open water? Our Effortless Endurance workshop will help you achieve those goals; give you a stroke you'll be proud of and a satisfying way to enjoy great health.
Click Here to book now.
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m frontcrawl unaided)
- Swimmers who have struggled to improve
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
- Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Why Easy Freestyle
Human swimmers are energy-wasting machines: typically we convert only 3% of energy into forward motion. (Dolphins convert 80% and even elite swimmers like Michael Phelps convert only 9%!) Dolphins move through water, humans move water around, so swimming farther or harder, as traditional programs advise, will only make your 'struggling skills' more permanent. The fastest, smartest way to increase your endurance or speed is to reduce energy waste.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
- Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
- Sleek and Slippery: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence. Slippery swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
- Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 50 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via DVD. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and video analysis.
What will you take away?
- The tools to work on a transformed stroke that will let you swim from a mile to a marathon . . . and feel energized afterward.
- The knowledge and awareness to begin a path of continuous improvement (we call it Kaizen) that can continue for decades.
- You'll enjoy swimming as never before. And the more you enjoy, the more you’ll practice and the more you'll improve.
Sunday 19th Feb 2017, 8.30am-5pm, Foxford School Sports Centre, Grange Road, Coventry CV6 6BB. Cost: £199.99
April Date and Venue tbc