One-to-One Swimming LessonsWhat is an Endless Swimming Pool?
Swimming in an Endless Pool
An endless pool is a particular type of swimming pool that is ideal for one to one private swimming lessons.
It enables us to teach you much more effectively in a way that wouldn’t be possible in a traditional pool.
What’s is an Endless Swimming Pool?
- It’s a tiny swimming pool that’s only 4.2m long and 2.2m deep
- It’s equipped with a machine that produces a jet of water like a current for you to swim against
- The current means that you swim on the spot in one place against the current a bit like running on a treadmill
- The current is adjusted with a remote control and can easily be set according to your ability
- It’s above ground so we use some steps to get into the pool rather than climbing down a ladder
- Most people get used to swimming against the current in a few minutes
- It’s fun and most people love this unique way of learning
Benefits of learning in an Endless Pool
- It’s small and quiet and I’m never more than an arms length away
- It’s book exclusively for your lesson so there’s no one else sharing the pool making it easier to focus and avoid feeling self conscious
- Swimming in one place saves time as it means I’m not chasing you up and down the pool but can stand next to you and see every single stroke
- The pool is only 2.2m deep so you can stand up and take a break easily whenever you need to
- Being able to stand up easily means you can listen to your coach without having to tread water or hang onto the side of the pool
- It’s kept warm (32C) so that you don’t have to worry about getting cold during a lesson
- It’s equipped with a mirror so you can see how you move while you swim
- The private nature of the pool means we can use video in every single lesson
Address and Location
he pool is based at Faber Gym at the National Agricultural Centre site in between Coventry and Kenilworth.
The full address is: Faber Swim, The International Pavilion, 10th Street, National Agricultural Centre, Kenilworth, CV8 2LG
One-to-One Swimming Lessons
I’m Penny and I’m a teacher, coach and swimmer. I love swimming in the indoors, outdoors and in the endless pool and I’d love to help you discover how to improve your swimming.
If you’re interested in one-to-one lessons with me or are curious about learning in an endless pool you can find out more here