Total ImmersionFront crawl swimming workshops
Effortless Front Crawl – One Day Swimming Workshops
This is a one day Total Immersion swimming workshop for anyone who wants to swim without feeling exhausted and out of breath after a few lengths.
You’ll discover how to swim faster and further with more confidence. Perfect for open water swimmers, triathletes and fitness swimmers who want more from their swimming.
The front crawl swimming puzzle
- Are you confused about how to improve your swimming?
- Can you feel something is wrong in your stroke but you don’t know what it is or how to change it?
- Do you get out of breath very quickly?
- Are you trying really hard but not getting any better?
- Have you followed a training plan but you’re still not any faster?
- Are you fit enough to run and cycle for miles but struggle with swimming?
- Do you feel like your swim leg of a triathlon lets you down?
- Do you want to swim more gracefully and with less effort?
The workshop is a great day. There was lots of water time, the instructors were supportive, friendly, approachable and most importantly were able to explain techniques in a way that we could take our training forward. Emphasis is on enjoyment and there is always ways to improve. Cake was greatly appreciated!
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
- Swimmers who have struggled to improve
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
- Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation
If you want to:
- Be able to swim a mile or more and not feel exhausted when you finish
- Swim confidently in open water
- Finish the swim leg of a triathlon with energy left for the bike and run
- Swim faster with less effort
Then this is the workshop for you.
What will you learn?
You will learn the principles of Total Immersion swimming including breathing, balance and streamlining.
Understand the principles of efficient front crawl swimming so that you understand how to improve, what to avoid and common myths of swimming.
Using a mixture of classroom time and pool time you will learn in small bite size chunks one step at a time.
You will learn how to practice and integrate your learning into your regular swimming and training.
Using video analysis you will see yourself swim both under the water and above water and with the help of some video analysis will learn precisely what you need to do to improve.
What happens during the day
During the day there will be about 4 hours of pool time split across two or three sessions with classroom sessions in between. See a sample program here.
The classroom sessions will cover the principles of Total Immersion swimming as well as detailed feedback from your swimming videos.
Tea and coffee and home made cake from Dips and Chips will be provided but please bring your own packed lunch.
I run workshops in Birmingham 4 to 5 times per year.
I also run workshops at my endless pool in Kenilworth 4-5 times per year. These are limited to 6 people with 3 people in the pool at a time.
I also support other coaches to deliver workshops in the North of England and London and occasionally travel to Devon and Cardiff. Birmingham is the most popular location because its centrally located and is easily accessible.
I will happily travel if you can get together a group of 10 swimmers and find a suitable swimming pool and location. Please get in touch if this is something you’re interested in.