An endless pool is a small private swimming pool that we use for lessons and coaching. It’s 14 feet long, 8 feet wide and 4 feet deep and uses a current for you to swim against, rather like running on a treadmill.
It sounds like an odd and difficult thing to do, but it is incredibly easy to swim in an endless pool and has many advantages over a regular swimming pool. It’s also a powerful and efficient way to learn.
- Swimming against the current means that your coach is not chasing you up and down the pool but can stand right next to you and give immediate feedback. This saves time and makes teaching much more efficient
- The pool is equipped with a mirror so that you can have visual feedback about how you are swimming
- Filming and video feedback is much more convenient. Being in one place makes it easier to film rather than your coach chasing you down the pool with the camera and we have convenient space to do the feedback.
- The current helps to highlight your faults much clearer and more quickly than in a pool. If you don’t swim straight in an endless pool then it quickly becomes obvious because the current will upset your balance.
- The pool is small, contained and cosy. It’s quiet and there are no distractions making it easier to concentrate and give your full focus to your swimming.
- As it is small and is only used for teaching we can keep the water nice and warm which makes learning easier. We can also keep the chlorine levels lower than public swimming pools.
- It’s shallow so you can put your feet down any time you like.
- We have more availability at the endless pool as we’re not trying to fit in around all the other demands on the limited number of swimming pools in the area (and in the UK in general).
- My own lessons in an endless pool have always felt special and slightly exciting. It feels like I’m giving myself a special swimming treat!
- The most important reason – It’s Fun!
The pool is a based at the gym on the National Agricultural Centre Site near to Kenilworth (CV8 2LG) and has plenty of parking, as well as a very nice Farmers Fayre café for coffee and cake before and after a swim.
We offer lessons Mon-Fri 7am – 3pm and some Saturday afternoons at the Swim Space, so get in touch to make a booking.